Your family is full of techies. If it were up to them, your whole house would be an automated smart house, and everyone would have a pet robot to do their cleaning.
But you’re on a budget and can’t spend a lot of money on over-the-top electronics this year.
We have you covered with our favorite tech gifts for under $50.
Tech Gifts For Your Husband
Ease his mind with a streaming indoor security camera. Your pets and children are always up to something at home. Keeping an eye on what’s happening inside gives him more peace of mind when he isn’t around. The Wyze Cam Pan Indoor Smart Camera allows him to watch inside your home in real-time. It will also store a 12-second video clip to the cloud so that the Christmas Cookie thief can’t getaway.
- Full HD live streaming in 1080p
- Motion/Sound recording with free cloud storage for 14 days
- Night vision
- Voice-controlled (Alexa & Google Assistant)
- Pan, tilt, and zoom (controlled remotely with app)
You can make him nostalgic with the old NES games. Remember Tetris, Zelda and the original Super Mario? Dig out those old Nintendo game cartridges from storage and load them into the Retro Bit Res Plus. Now, he can share his favorite games with your kids. This blast from the past is a gift that the whole family will enjoy.
- Plays 8-bit games using Nintendo Entertainment System game cartridges
- Includes two classic pro controllers that are compatible with Retro-Bit and NES consoles with 6 ft wires
- HDMI and AV output (HDMI cable included)
Tech Gifts For Your Wife
Your wife does so much around the house, make her life a little easier with the gift of Alexa. The Amazon Echo Dot 2 is just as good as a personal assistant. It allows her to control anything she wants – except maybe the kids – with her voice. When you purchase more than one, use them as intercoms and relieve her of the burden of entering your son’s messy room.
- Listen to Music (Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and many more)
- Get info for anything that is available to look up online (news, weather, sports, movie listings, etc.)
- Add items to lists, add entries to a calendar and much more
- Voice control your home (turn lights and other smart electronics on or off)
- Use with other Echos as an intercom
If she prefers to work with Google Assistant, then you can go with the Google Home Mini instead, which offers many similar features as the Echo Dot. Google claims that the Google Mini has better sound quality than the Dot. We’ll leave that up to you to decide.
To maximize the smart home features of the voice assistants, get a few Meross WiFi Smart Plug Minis. Anything that is plugged into these can be controlled by Alexa or Google Assistant.
Plus, they make great stocking stuffers.
Give your wife the gift of time. She mentioned that she wanted to read a book that just came out on the bestseller list, but she just doesn’t have the time. You actually have a solution for her! With a 3-month Audible Gift Membership, she can listen to any book she wants while she’s driving to work, or cooking dinner, or at the gym, or wherever else she spends her valuable time.
- 3 titles for each month of a gift membership
- 30% off any additional audiobooks
- Free Audible app
- Free and easy audiobook exchanges
- An Audible book library
If she’s always complaining about how her office is freezing. Get her the Lasko Ceramic Adjustable Thermostat Tabletop or Under-Desk Heater to take to work to keep her tootsies warm.
- 3 Settings
- Adjustable Thermostat with 11 temperature settings
- Portable and compact
- Overheat protection
- Cool-touch exterior
Tech Gifts For Your Kids 12 and Under
LilGadgets Untangled PRO Kids Bluetooth Headphones
Your kids love their music and their mobile games, but if you hear The Baby Shark Song one more time, your head is going to explode. LilGadgets Untangled PRO Kids Premium Wireless Bluetooth Headphones come in lots of fun colors that your kids will think are lit. They’ll have so much fun jammin’ to their latest tunes; they won’t even realize that the headphones have a volume limit to protect their ears.
This gift is a win-win-win in so many ways. The kids will have their headphones, you get your quiet home back, and LilKids donate money towards bully prevention and awareness in schools.
- Durable Bluetooth wireless headphones for kid-sized heads
- 12-hour active battery life with 180-hour standby battery life
- 3.5mm cable for wired listening (just in case you use up all the battery and want to keep listening)
- Microfiber travel bag
- Socially conscious: LilGadgets gives donations towards bullying prevention and awareness in schools through partner organizations.
- Environmentally conscious: LilGadgets minimizes environmental impact through waste reduction, carbon offsets, and water cleaning projects.
How many times has your kid returned home with a homework assignment that needs to be done in google docs, but you really need to use your laptop for work and can’t give it up for hours as your child struggles to type with one finger at a time? If only they could use the iPad to do their homework… Now they can!
Turn any device into a computer with the Logitech K380 Multi-Device Bluetooth Keyboard connects to your tablet or phone so they can log into their google docs account and type away.
- Mac: Mac OS 10.10 or later
- PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or later
- Chrome OS
- Android tablet or smartphone: Android 3.2 or later
- Apple iPad or iPhone: iOS 5 or later
- Apple TV 2nd or 3rd generation
The weather is cold now, and your kids are not outside as much. Are they getting too sedentary? Give them a gift that will get them up and moving. Kidzlane Infrared Laser Tag is a tech toy that will actually get them active. This is the perfect gift to get them up and off the couch.
- Play with up to 4 players
- 4 different gun settings
- The gun is the target so no need to wear a vest
We love educational toys for kids, but let’s face it, the older your kids get, the harder it is to trick them into playing games that will actually learn from. We found Sphero, a wonderful gift that will teach your kids to code. It is a tiny robot the size of a ping pong ball that allows your kids to program commands to make the ball do anything they want. They’ll have hours of educational fun. You were able to get them that robot pet after all.
- Comes in a variety of fun colors
- LED lights
- Lots of Free Apps
- STEM learning tool
Tech Gifts For Teenagers
Is your teen inseparable from their music? Those earbuds are locked in as though they were a part of their anatomy. Maybe, they can give the earbuds a break and let their friends in on the fun. The TriBit Xsound Go Bluetooth Speakers are a gift that will not only make your kids cooler; it will also make them more social. They can share their music with everyone on the go with this speaker.
- Totally Waterproof (can be submerged in water)
- 24-hour Battery Life
Do you have an aspiring DJ at home? They’ll love this gift. The Teenage Engineering PO-14 Pocket Operator Sub Bass Synthesizer is a portable device that allows them to create and store rhythms on the go. This gift will allow them to take their hobby with them wherever they go.
- Multiple real synthesizer engines
- 16 punch-in effects.
- Produces high-quality sound output
- Jam-sync function, which lets you connect the unit with other Pocket Operators
Your kids are always attached to their phones until they run out of juice. Teens can be forgetful; they can also be sloppy. The Yootech Wireless Charger is a gift that tackles both those issues at once. Your child will no longer need to dump out the entire contents of their backpack, looking for the charging cable. The Yootech Wireless Charger is so affordable that you can even get them a few so they can have one at home and keep on in that messy backpack.
- Compatible with most iPhones 8 through 11, Air Pods, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 through 10 and other Qi-enabled devices
- Temperature control, surge protection, short-circuit prevention to your phone
- Works with rubber and plastic cases
Tech Gifts For Your Adult Child
Your child is all grown up and out on their own. They are constantly on the go. Get them a pair of Skullcandy Smokin’ Buds 2 wireless earbuds. Whether they are working, in their college dorm, or just out for a run, they will appreciate the benefits of being wire-free. If your child is really into running and working out and you can afford to splurge on a sweat/water-resistant variety, check out our article on the best wireless earbuds of 2019.
- Holds 6 hours of charge, will charge fully in 2.5 hours
- Held together with a lightweight collar, but if you don’t like the collar it can be removed.
Are you tired of hearing “my phone died” as one of the excuses on the list of why they never call you? Get them the Xcentz Portable Charger and keep them going all day long. It fits in the palm of your hand so they will be able to take it anywhere.
- Can charge most phones 2 full battery charges
- Includes: USB-C to USB-C cable, USB-A to USB-C cable
You can’t be there anymore to make sure they get up and out on time, but you can get them the next best thing. The Clocky Alarm Clock on Wheels will roll around and make all kinds of commotion until they get up. Just like you would.
Tech Gifts for Mom
Is your mom always losing her keys and the remote? Give her the Tile Sticker Pro, and don’t let her forgetfulness hold her back anymore! It’s a Bluetooth sticker that you apply to anything, so you will be able to locate it later using the app. If you can’t find your phone, just double press any tile button and it will automatically make your phone ring. This gift is so great you may even want to get one for yourself.
- Waterproof tracker with 150-foot Bluetooth range
- Built-in battery that lasts 3 years
- Share Tiles in-app with family members
- Can use with Alexa and Google Assistant
- Free app works on iOS and Android phones
She loves to write things down. The problem is, there is paper everywhere and she can never find what she is looking for when she needs it. Help her modernize her note writing with the Rocketbook Smart Reusable Notebook. It’s reusable because the notes can be stored in any cloud software that you like and then wiped clean and used again.
- Over 30 reusable pages (clean with a damp cloth)
- Free app for uploading files to the cloud
- Includes notebook, a special pen, and microfiber cloth
Tech Gifts for Dad
Your dad spends most of his time in the garage or in the basement. What is he doing in there? Who knows, but we do know that the lighting isn’t great. He needs to have enough light to see all those little people in the model railroad town he’s building. BioLight PowerLight Mini Wearable Light is just what he needs to help him illuminate his man cave. He can wear the light on his head to keep his hands and tabletop free.
- Headlamp alternative, lantern, and bike light
- Provides 135 lumens of light – 52 hours on LOW and 5 hours on HI.
- Also can be used as a charger: Inputs/Outputs: Micro USB In, USB Charge Out
- 4 light modes
Your teens aren’t the only ones who love their music. So does your dad. Dust off those old LPs that are in the attic and watch his face light up. The Victrola Vintage 3-Speed Bluetooth Suitcase Turntable with Speakers plays 33 1/3s, 45s, and 78s. It is also Bluetooth enabled so he can switch over to play music from your phone to keep the grandkids happy when they come to visit.
- 3.5mm aux-in for playing music from any non-Bluetooth device
- RCA aux-in and headphone jack
- Built-in stereo speakers
Tech Gifts For Anyone
Everyone has a favorite movie or TV show. They should be able to watch it whenever they want. The Fire TV Stick allows them to easily access all their subscription services as well as hundreds of TV channels.
- 4K streaming
- Alexa voice remote
- Can access the cameras in your smart home system
We are mobile, not just from a technology standpoint, but from a physical standpoint. Whether we are commuting, working or playing, we are always on the go, and we have lots of tech and non-tech devices to take with us. The Kopack Laptop Backpack is the perfect gift for anyone on the go.
- A variety of compartment sizes to fit laptops or phones and everything in between
- Slim, contemporary design good for travelers or commuters
- USB plug for chargers
Just because the gift has the word “tech” next to it, doesn’t mean you need to break the bank. There are plenty of affordable tech gifts out there for everyone. You can get a tech gift for every family member for under $50 this holiday.
Christine Devereaux Evangelistaview post
Christine Devereaux Evangelista
Christine Devereaux Evangelista is the Editorial Director for ChatterSource. In her free time, she enjoys volunteering, arts & crafts, baking and binge-watching crime dramas. She lives in Denver, CO with her husband, Darin and Goldendoodle, Walter.view post