Over the last few years, yoga leggings have become abundantly available and a staple in most women’s closets. You wear them around the house, running errands and maybe even to an actual yoga class – shocking, right?
Whether you have 1 or 100 pairs of yoga leggings, I can assume you’ve tested which ones are worthy of your workouts and which are best for lounging on the couch.
It is essential that your workout leggings don’t need to be pulled up every few reps – talk about annoying – and even more essential, the material must be squat-proof!
What makes a legging “squat-proof?” It must be opaque! The last thing you want while you’re slaying at the gym is for your fellow gym-goers to catch a peek of your undergarments…
No, thank you!
So I did some digging to find the best squat-proof leggings available – across all price points.
Goodbye, see-through leggings. It’s time to squat low without letting your undies show!
1. IUGA High Waist Yoga Pants with Pockets
These high-waisted leggings from Amazon offer tummy control and side pockets for your phone! They have the look of high-end athleisure wear but at a fraction of the cost. Plus, this brand offers a 30-day money-back warranty!
- Lots of color options available
- Capri length option
- Four-way stretch
- Side + interior pockets
- High-waisted for comfort + tummy control
2. TSLA Mid/High Waist Yoga Pants with Pockets, Tummy Control Yoga Leggings
These leggings are made of super soft material that offers enough thickness without sacrificing breathability. The four-way stretch slims, conforms and contours your body through all types of movements! And the price? Such a steal!
- Multiple color options available
- Exceptional price for the quality
- Hidden internal pocket
3. CRZ YOGA Women’s High Waisted Yoga Pants with Pockets Naked Feeling Workout Leggings-25 Inches
Hello, buttery soft and ultra-comfortable fabric! This legging is known as the “Naked Feeling” style – not because it’s sheer, but because it’s that comfortable. This dreamy fabric does still have compression and ensures freedom and unrestricted movement too.
- Various color and pattern options available
- Popular Lululemon-dupe
- Side pockets
- Buttery-soft material
Related: The Top 7 Women’s Workout Leggings
4. Colorfulkoala Women’s High Waisted Pattern Leggings Full-Length Yoga Pants
These workout leggings are designed to complement your curves and flatter your figure. They have a high-waist compression and offer many trendy patterns that may just spark some extra motivation for your downward dog!
- Multiple color and pattern options
- Over 7,500 5-Star Reviews
- Soft, yet compressive material
5. Old Navy – High Waisted Elevate Compression Leggings for Women
Old Navy has some pretty great athleisure wear for incredible prices. This particular legging has a four-way stretch made of 15 % spandex, is moisture-wicking, and has seams that prevent chafing.
- Four-way stretch
6. Zella – Live In High Waist Leggings
These leggings come in size XXS – XXL and offer moisture-wicking material that stays in place during your workouts! This is another brand that offers high-end quality at more affordable prices.
- Non-slip waistband
- Size XXS – XXL
7. Girlfriend Collective – High Waist ⅞ Leggings
This fabric is made from recycled water bottles, so you can look incredible while saving the planet! They also have great color options and sizes ranging from XXS-3XL.
- Unique color options available
- Compressive fit
- Wide waistband
- Sizes XXS – 3XL
8. Athleta – Ultra High Rise Elation Tight
If you like high rise, you’ll love these ultra high rise leggings! They offer that buttery soft feel with great compression and have a waistband that lays flat through any movement!
- Ultra-high Rise
- Quick-drying, breathable fabric
- UPF 50+ protection
- Un-pinchable waistband
- Buttery soft material
Related: What is HIIT? [A Beginner’s Guide to High-Intensity Interval Training]
9. Outdoor Voices -Tech Sweat ⅞ Leggings
These lightweight, super soft leggings offer breathable material with a waistband that stays put!
- Color options available
- Breathable, lightweight fabric
- Special engineered waistband that stays put
10. Lululemon – Wunder Under Super High Rise Tight
This legging is one of the most popular for all active women! It is incredibly flattering and supportive. The four-way stretch and specially engineered fabric ensure that these leggings will never lose their shape!
- Various color options available
- Exceptional quality
- Super High Waist
- Minimal seams for maximal comfort
11. Alo Yoga – ⅞ High Waist Moto Legging
The moto-inspired texture and cutouts give these leggings an added dimension. And on top of looking cool, the fabric is breathable and anti-microbial!
- Cool, unique texture
- four-way stretch
- Sculpts, lifts, and smooths
You have even more motivation to hit up the gym now, right?
Grab any of these leggings if you want to have confidence in your squat game! There is no longer any reason to be working out in a pair of leggings that aren’t opaque, don’t stay up or don’t support you in all of the right places. All of these leggings definitely pass the squat test!
Related: 7 Best High Waisted Leggings for Women This Winter
The 11 Best Squat-Proof Leggings:
- IUGA High Waist Yoga Pants with Pockets
- TSLA Mid/High Waist Yoga Pants with Pockets, Tummy Control Yoga Leggings
- CRZ YOGA Women’s High Waisted Yoga Pants with Pockets Naked Feeling Workout Leggings-25 Inches
- Colorfulkoala Women’s High Waisted Pattern Leggings Full-Length Yoga Pants
- Old Navy – High Waisted Elevate Compression Leggings for Women
- Zella – Live In High Waist Leggings
- Girlfriend Collective – High Waist ⅞ Leggings
- Athleta – Ultra High Rise Elation Tight
- Outdoor Voices -Tech Sweat ⅞ Leggings
- Lululemon – Wunder Under Super High Rise Tight
- Alo Yoga – ⅞ High Waist Moto Legging
Emily and Beth are besties who head up Boopbod. They love kettlebell workouts, coffee runs, sweaty power vinyasa flows and loads of belly laughs. They create resources that elevate your mind, body and soul, allowing their squad to live out their version of "happy healthy."view post